Thursday, April 9, 2020

Granola


This is a recipe that I use all the time to make granola. Over the years, I've definitely tweaked it based on what I have in the house and such but the oil/honey/oats ratio is what I have kept consistent. It really does work great!

Granola
Recipe found here 
Makes about 6 cups

Ingredients
3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
1-1 1/2 cups nuts (almonds and mixed nuts are my go-to's)
1/2-3/4 cup sweetener (honey or maple syrup are my go-to's)
1/4-1/2 cup oil (coconut oil is my go-to)
1 tsp salt
1-2 cups seeds (pumpkin and chia are my go-to's)
1 cup coconut (unsweetened is best)
1 tsp spices (e.g. cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, cloves)
Dried fruit (optional)
Cocoa (optional)

*Really just pay attention to the amount of sweetener, oil, and oats. Beyond that, add whatever you'd like and make it look good to you.



Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 300 (our oven doesn't go that low so, I have been doing 310 and works fine!)
2. Add oats, nuts, seeds, salt, and spices into a large bowl.
3. Add sweeteners and oil.
4. Stir. Ensure all oats are coated with oil and sweetener. If not, you may want to add more.
5.  Put parchment paper down on a large baking sheet.
6. Spread mixture out to make even layer
7. Put in oven for 45-60 minutes (mixing halfway).
8. When it's golden brown, take it out of the oven. Note: If you don't like chunks, stir right away. If you do, let it sit (no stirring) and cool so that it chunks up better.
9. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment