Monday, May 18, 2020

Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats

This week will be a baking Monday and Tuesday.  While my focaccia sits in the fridge overnight, I figured that Baking Mondays need not be just for humans! We have a furry friend coming to visit this week so, I wanted to bake her some treats. These are extremely simple to make and she seems to be quite the fan as well.

This time, I tried using a mini muffin tin instead of cutting them and it was so much easier and they are all uniformed, which I love. But, if you have a cute cookie cutter (e.g. bones or stars) that could work. My boring circle one was just not worth it.

Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Original Recipe here
Makes about 25-50 depending on size

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour*
2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin/pumpkin puree**
2 tbsp peanut butter**
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

*Any type of flour will do. I use gluten free so that I don't have to use the precious all-purpose.

**Make sure that both the pumpkin and the peanut butter don't have anything added into them. I use natural/organic for both to ensure it's only pumpkin/peanuts and salt.

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix together all ingredients.
3. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable but the dough should be dry and stiff.
4. Roll dough into 1/2 inch thick roll
5. Cut into 1/2 inch pieces (using cookie cutters or knife) OR push into mini-muffin tins
6. Bake in preheated oven until hard (about 35-40 minutes)
7. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment