Monday, April 27, 2020

Apple Oat Bread

It's Monday so, you know what that means... another week in Quarantine. But also, baking day for me! This week was a bit tough since we haven't gone to the store in a while so I was both trying to use up stuff in our fridge while also not using everything up. That being said, there will definitely be a trend in the ingredient list of "I used this AND this" (Subtext is: I ran out of the main thing...). I had low standards for this loaf but actually it's super flavorful!

Apple Oat Bread
Makes 1 loaf
Recipe augmented from my favorite source, King Arthur Flour.

I couldn't resist trying a slice before I took
this photo... oops.
Ingredients
3/4 cup sugar (used less than the recipe based on reviews)
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil (I used 2/3 coconut and the rest olive)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla (I used 3/4 tsp vanilla and the rest maple syrup) 
1 1/2 cup All purpose flour (no whole wheat)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup applesauce (I made my own with about 1 1/2 diced old apples, water, and sugar) 
1/2 cup Nuts/Raisins (optional) 




Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease loaf pan
2. In a large bowl, mix together sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt.
4. Add them to the wet ingredients in bowl
5. Mix in rolled oats, applesauce, and nuts/raisins (if you'd like)
6. Pour mixture into pan and bake bread for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and cool.
8. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment