Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Introduction

This summer I am finally able to take more time to do some things that make me happy and focus more on myself. Because of this, I decided I wanted to make a blog to document the journey and discovery of new foods and new delights.

When I was a kid, my mom had me cook with her. It started out teaching me small things to make (like salad) and then moved on to bigger things. Then I was able to enjoy it on my own and discover more things. As I grew up, I noticed that cooking and/or baking became a relaxing task for me. It put me into a state of bliss and also allowed me to focus my mind on one thing thus, making me happier and more at ease. From this, I decided to continue to try out new things (some from recipes and some from my head).

Most of the things I make are vegetarian. I have been a vegetarian for about five years. Up until recently, I was very strict about this. But, because of health benefits and dietary needs, I started eating more fish. I still remain very strict on meat but, fish is my one "free pass." I cook it very rarely but, I do use it occasionally in my dishes.

With most of my cooking, I use at least some form of recipe. I either simply use it as a base for my own dish or I strictly follow it (if I am cooking said thing for the first time). Of course if I use any recipes that are not my own, I will be sure to mention them in this blog so that you, the reader, are able to find them quickly and easily.

Let the NOMing to begin... and don't forget the fresh herbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment