Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Salad

I was going to make a more intricate dinner tonight but, decided instead to make a very large salad and have it with a fresh bagel. So I understand that everyone knows how to make a salad and whatnot, as my friend kindly said "There are many recipes out there for salads!" I figured, why not?


Veggie-Filled Salad (and bagel on side)
A quick, easy, and absolutely delicious dinner; It was done far too quickly....

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
"Put together" Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: Priceless 10 minutes

Ingredients
1/2 cup spring mix
1/2 cup romaine (cut)
1 tbsp broccoli sprouts
1 tbsp edamame (shelled)
2-3 baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
1 tbsp kernel corn (canned works fine)
1-2 tbsp garbanzo beans (canned works fine)
3-4 baby carrots (sliced)
2 baby roma tomatoes (sliced)
1/4 cup grated mozzarella (or any cheese)
1 tbsp roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
1-2 tbsp dressing of choice ( I chose Caesar)
meat of choice (optional-- I decided to add a warm MorningStar Chik Patty)

On the side I had a fresh warm wheat sesame bagel  from a local bakery. I added about a tbsp of butter to it.  

Directions
1. Wash all vegetables (esp. lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, and sprouts)
2. Layer as desired (generally lettuce is on the bottom...)
3. Add dressing.
4. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment