Friday, June 17, 2011

Aioli

My sister really likes this dressing and I figured, for such a low-key dinner, I would make it. I decided to be quite lazy today for dinner so this was one of my splurges.


Aioli
An easy garlic-mayonaisse for sandwiches, vegetables, or burgers.
(Recipe found: http://www.easy-french-food.com/aioli-recipe.html)

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients
1 clove garlic
2 pinches salt
2 egg yolks
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Directions
1. Put garlic and salt into a bowl and grind it into a paste.
2. Whisk yolks and lemon juice to garlic mixture until combined
3. Start to add olive oil slowly whisking the whole time. (You can go a bit faster as you go but, the slower, the better.) Then add vegetable oil the same way.
4. Refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment