Thursday, July 21, 2011

Banana Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins

I had a huge zucchini that I had to use up (but didn't with this recipe) and two overly ripe bananas (that I did use up!). So, I figured why not combine them and make something delicious with them both? So, I did. Although these muffins turned out much more "bready" than I had expected. Next time I may add more honey or some other spices, such as nutmeg. I think it lacked something...But, they were still tasty and tasted even better with peanut butter or jelly.

Banana Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
I got help from this recipe but tweaked it a bit

Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour

Ingredients
2 ripe bananas (mashed)
1 1/2 cups zucchini (grated)
1 egg
1-2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt (may need more)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF
2. Grate zucchini on box grater and then squeeze excess water out of it.
3. Mix grated zucchini with mashed bananas in one bowl.
4. In another bowl, beat together egg and honey.
5. Add zucchini/banana mixture and oil to egg/honey mixture until well blended.
6. Mix in baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
7. Add flour and cinnamon and mix until combined.
8. Fold in chocolate chips.
9. Spray muffin cups and divide batter evenly among to make 12 muffins.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
11. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment