Sunday, July 17, 2011

Poached Egg Open-Face Breakfast Sandwich

While looking at my favorite food blog, I came across this recipe for poached eggs and it looked so good. When I realized I had enough time to make an exciting breakfast this morning, I jumped on the opportunity! It was so tasty and so simple! I wish I had added some avocado or some more spice but, other than that, it was great.. It would've been better on a spicy Italian bagel but, all I had was a plain bagel.

Poached Egg Open-Face Breakfast Sandwich

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients
2 eggs
2 slices bacon (cooked) (I used Morningstar Bacon Strips as I am a vegetarian)
2 slices tomato
muenster cheese (or any type)
any other veggies
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

For the olive oil glaze:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes

Directions
1. Mix everything together for olive oil glaze and set aside to use later.
2. Poach 2 eggs. (I used poach pods and water with help from this but you could easily use the microwave)
3. Slice tomato and cheese to prepare
4. Cook bacon (either in skillet or microwave)
4. Toast bread
5. Warm up olive oil glaze.
6. Spread glaze over bread.
7. Add tomatoes, cheese, bacon, and anything else to bread.
8. Top with poached eggs
9. Add salt/pepper to taste
9. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. these look better than what i just saw on "Master Chef". No lie, grasshopper, no lie.

    ReplyDelete