Thursday, July 7, 2011

Easy Vegetable Yellow Curry

I cheated a bit on this one because of my lack of time. I had leftover spicy fried rice from a local Thai restaurant and decided to make curry to go with it. Luckily, I had a bag of "Thai House Yellow Curry Sauce" so I was able to use that in this recipe. Next time, I may make my own sauce but I only had a short amount of time tonight, sadly. But, regardless. It was tasty!


Easy Vegetable Yellow Curry
This makes enough for 1 big serving or 2 small servings

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients
1 bag Thai House yellow curry sauce
1 red skin potato (boiled or baked prior then sliced)
1 small-medium onion (sliced)
1/4 cup cubed or sliced eggplant
1/4 cup sliced zucchini
2-3 kale leaves (chopped)
2-3 bok choy leaves and stalks (chopped)
4-5 cherry tomatoes (sliced)
Dash red pepper flakes
Dash garlic sprigs
(If you have: Add peppers or mushrooms or any other vegetables!)

Directions
1. Add olive oil to pan and garlic sprigs. Sauté then add onion.
2. Sauté onion until tender.
3. Add eggplant, potato, and zucchini. Sauté until tender.
4. Add kale and bok choy. Sauté until wilted.
5. Add bag of sauce.
6. Add cherry tomatoes and red pepper flakes
7. Allow to simmer covered until ready to eat.
8. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment